Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Robo Calls to an Elevator Phone not a good Idea

I was working in the lobby of the building in Beaver County today where I am retrofitting out the fire alarm system when all of a sudden I hear the emergency phone ring and then talking in the elevator . OK whats going on is some one trapped? No I push the button open the door and its an advertisement from a credit card company coming from a Robo Caller machine. This number should never be called its unlisted and on the do not call list but with Robo callers you just set up a bank of possible digits and away it goes and in this case it could be catastrophic if some one is having an emergency stuck in the elevator and unable to get help because a Robo caller has the line tied up.
This is something that needs looked into and I will be filing a complaint with FTC to look into this practice and getting it stopped.
Before we have an unneeded tragedy.
 I hate Robo callers I always identify them  call the place back notify them I am on do not call list and then file a complaint with FTC .
Robo callers is one technology which needs to go away period.

No comments:

Post a Comment