Sunday, October 25, 2015

Missing / Stolen Model 1910 Mauser 6.25 mm 25 caliber fire arm - Do you collect or own old guns did you get them checked out if not you could face serious consequnces if it is stolen like one below that belonged to me

A man my wife knew Jeff  who who did some  wood  work on our house about 20 years ago  and did gun smithing as a hobby and lived on School Street in Penn Hills Pa and is now deceased . He  either lost ,sold or was otherwise stolen from him a Mauser 1910  25 caliber 6.25 mm  hand gun which I had given him to repair . aprox. 20 years ago . It was Reported Stolen  to Penn Hills Police  and not seen since.


Not a particularly expensive  or historic gun my late uncle picked it up while in Europe during the war and millions where made and many Germans carried them for personnel protection.  When my uncle died my grandfather took possession of it and knowing I was working as a guard gave it to me on my 21st birthday.

Though the gun was well made it had one fatal flaw and that was the flat springs in the gun which would frequently break and which Jeff was going to fix for me. Well he never did and kept putting me off finally admitted to me lost it in his house.   I immediately called Penn Hills  Police who took a report .

You can still buy these guns at any gun show for around $150-$500 depending on condition and certain models could go much higher if you had case etc.  mine was closer to the $150.00 dollar  more of a family heirloom than a practical gun to carry and I would like to get it back so I can pass it down .

This is a problem with these old guns are still applicable to all state and federal firearms laws just like a brand new gun  and if you bought one and did not run a back round check on it and are found in possession of one of the many stolen guns like mine you will be charged with a felony and can face 5-10 years in prison  weather you knew it was stolen or not  If you inherent or buy or other wise find an old gun and decide to keep it run it thru the local police and or gun shop and make sure it is not stolen or prepare to face the consequences. Better to turn in a gun with no consequences than face legal and jail time .


No comments:

Post a Comment