Sunday, August 6, 2017

Type 1 Diabetes I was Diagnosed with it in 2016 and I have Reversed it. Yes It can be done It takes commitment

In October of 2016 all of a sudden while on my way to 380 discount in Plum Boro I started losing my vision everything was getting blurry. I carefully made it home and after knowing my A1C level was up to pre diabetes level  tested my blood sugar and maxed out my father in laws meter .
My wife took me to St Margaret UPMC hospital and there my sugar level was 620  very dangerous my A1c Was 14 and I was diagnosed with type 1.5 Diabetes which is now a new form of diabetes being recognized in older adults  and put on 15 units of Insulin and 500 mg  pill of  Metformin .

I was looking at a life time of misery and decided right then and there to reverse it. Revers it you say its impossible once your on insulin and that is nothing more than a myth .

Since I was already knocking sugar out of my diet since going thru Stage IV Colon Cancer. not adding it to coffee or cereal etc and limiting sugary drinks .  I knew it was no good but had no ideal it was wrecking my body so almost cold turkey I gave it up and started drinking my ice tea with no sugar in it  or Water and I also avoided using Diet Products since I am not allowed them after liver surgery after half was taken from cancer invading it.
It ends up last thing you want to do if you are a diabetic is use diet products study's are finding they actually cause more issues than they help.
 I basically follow a low carb Ketogenic Diet

My breakfast is a bowl of Oatmeal with either a banana or  other cut up fruit  and lunch is  some raw vegetables with a sandwich on wheat bread not white as white bread is not good .  and sometimes 2 cookies

Dinner again plenty of vegetables  which I do like  and what ever meat    or I will have a salad with ham or steak etc on it.  Desert 1 small piece of cake or pie or scoop of ice cream

So I have a small amount of sugar .

The big thing was the in between snacks and not eating a meal between bed. For a snack I have peanuts or mat snack like a small beef jerky .

So all this good diet watching my sugar intake exercising regularly which I do anyways at age of 57
I went from  215 pounds on a 6 ft frame to 185 pounds brought my blood sugars down to around a hundred when I test before meals and an A1C of 5.5
I am off the insulin and feeling better  in many ways but still deal with side effects the Chemo and cancer did to me.

Seems all my life I was fighting off the effects of diabetes from what Drs. tell me and more I think back yes there where many signs but since my A1c did not reflect it it was never caught or I would have changed my habit long time ago.

I want to thank all the Dr.s, Nurses and staff at UPMC St Margret and Presbyterian and Montifiore
hospitals and Lawrenceville family health center as they have all been fantastic in seeing me thru 2 health crisis.

Along with the great news I am off insulin I also got great news from my oncologist I am now 10 years out from Stage IV Cancer and still no evidence of recurrence NED   Thank you God and UPMC


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for spending your valuable time in delivering the most valuable content here.I loved the way you write and suggest my friends too for getting aware of your blogs.
    Pawn Shops in Alabama
    Pawn Loans in Alabama
    Pawn Brokers

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are great with words. I’m sure you worked really hard on this article, and it shows. I agree with a lot of your material. I enjoyed this and I will be back for more.

    Home Phone Service providers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is good to see that you are providing such great service and you giveing it for free. I love type of blogs that understand the value of providing a quality information. Thanks for sharing it very useful for Help Adya Free ad Posting Websites www.helpadya.com  

    ReplyDelete