Monday, February 18, 2013

Are technology Companys Like Honeywell pushing out new tech toys too fast It apears so.

I love installing and programming all the new technology coming out for security and home /business automation  .
However I do not like it when I am made to look like an ASS  to my customer when the new Whizzbang product I hook up FAILS right out of the box.
Unfortunately I have seen it too many times lately with Honeywell's new security products especially its new 5100 wireless series Security Panel .
  Even when I  tested one of these units before it was released  it went down seems you either get a good one and works for ever or its bad right out of the box . I have seen same thing with the Tuxedo touch screen controller as well I have one job site where we have had to replace the Tuxedo 3 times  now .
While most customers understand its a new product and some times there are bugs you would think a better job would be done to correct these problems .But no they just push the products out the door ready to go or not. Too many company's looking at the almighty dollar rather than customer satisfaction. Well for now I will not be installing any more Tuxedos or 5100 till the get the problem fixed. But this is only one problem the other is the lack of properly trained installers and technicians is the other .
They put all these toys out and there are very few people who know how to properly install them causing even more work for people like me to go fix them and burdening  tech support hotlines with inane and stupid questions  tieing  up the lines so when techs like me call trying to help track down problems in the field when we see patterns evolving not being answered. Sorry I have better things to do than sit on line for 45 minutes waiting for an answer.
But apparently this is the way these company's want to play it push shit out the door and deal with it down the road. You the consumer loose every time. besides the hundreds  of hours uncompensated  I have to spend  finding problems in the field I should not have to be doing in the first place.

Too make matters worse Honeywell has failed to answer when its Total Connect Advanced or 2.1 will be available for hardwired panels  and it is costing me sales as well and then pushed a 2G cell product out knowing dam well AT&T was planning on shutting things down in 2016 now I had to go to all my Total Connect customers and tell them I have to change out there communicators they just spent $300-400 a piece on isnt that grand.
 Honeywell wants to be my partner of choice it is not going to be for much longer if they do not get off there ass and get things corrected, I will be looking for a new partner of choice .  I dumped DSC , for the same kind of horse shit 20 years ago and will Dump Honeywell as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment