Sunday, January 16, 2022

Pleasant surprise when I came across a bunch of the CPP Security figurines at a Fleatique.

 I have always loved Flea markets and 2nd hand stores. I love looking for old tools and electronics I can fix up .

So to my surprise while walking thru  Millers Crossing Fleatique on Sawmill Run blvd in Pittsburgh   when I cam across a bunch of the CPP Security figurines  they would give clients . Made of ceramic they where comical and just fun to have on a desk or end table in the clients lobby. 

also to my surprise it appears Pinkerton's who bought CPP Security in 90s  kept the tradition up replacing the CPP logo with theirs until Pinkerton s was Purchased by Securitas.

20th Anniversary statue




I acquired several of them and their where over a dozen different ones to choose from 

I never thought I would ever see these again let alone have the opportunity to purchase them.

When I explained to kind sales clerk that I worked for CPP Security she said she was told they belonged to one of the local company's partners who had passed. 

Maurice Dispennett Started CPP Security and  as far as I knew he did not have a partner but apparently he did. because you had to have law Enforcement experience above rank of patrolmen to get a Detectives License 

so Maurice must of had a partner who was a LEO  But who it was I do not know.For as far as I know he did not have experience . He had Firefighter background having been a  member of Mt Lebanon Fire Dept. and then a volunteer chief for Zelienople  But last I heard he was working as a constable in Zelienople and has since passed away from Brain Cancer in 2017 at age of 68.

He was not a good Boss he made lots of promises and never kept them and put plenty of guards in dangerous situations and was a back stabber . don't like talking about the dead but its the truth.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment